Chicken Turn In Time 12 P.M.
Ribs Turn In Time 1 P.M.
Exotic Turn In Time 3 P.M.
Brisket Turn In Time 5 P.M.
*PRIZES: Festival Prize Package, Gift Certificates, Festival Merchandise, Festival Credit (*excludes alcohol)
*Set Up Optional Day Before. Mere's & Vic's BBQ will not accept liability for any loss or damage, including, but limited to pits, gear or personal items left over night.
MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Please submit application fees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Only one Head cook team per pit. Up to 4 team members
2. Any and all meat and/ or meats that may be entered into judging will be from scratch within the constraints of the event. Pre-cooking, marinating, etc., will not be allowed prior to the start of the cook-off as defined by the cook-off promoter.
3. Fires must be wood or charcoal. Pit may include gas or electricity to start the natural substances, but not to complete cooking. Holes or open pits are not permitted. Fires may not be built on the ground. Each team MUST bring a fire extinguisher.
4. NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING!!
5. For early arrivers on Friday April 16th, 2021. You will be able to pick your cooking site as well as set up your equipment from 5PM- 8PM
6. Trays will be handed out from 7am-9am Saturday morning April 17th
a. Meat will be inspected and approved before you may begin seasoning and Must be in the package.
* Any meat that is not packaged will lead to disqualification of that category *
b. ½ Chicken -Fully jointed split chicken : Appearance Breast, wing, thigh, and drumstick cut : For Taste Test
c. Pork Ribs - Your choice of rib must include 9 individual ribs
d. Brisket - 9 full slices ( approx. ¼” - ⅜” thick)
BASED ON THE NUMBER OF JUDGES TURN-IN QUANTITIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
NO GARNISH or SAUCE is allowed in the tray at turn-in. Meats may be cooked with sauces and/ or other liquids, but once the cooking is complete, sauces and/or liquids cannot be added. NO PUDDLING IN BOTTOM OF TRAY.
7. It is the responsibility of the contestant to see that the contest area is kept clean and that the area is cleaned and policed following the contest. All fires must be put out, concrete blocks, and other building materials or props hauled away and all equipment removed from the site.
8. Excessive use of alcoholic beverages may be grounds for disqualifications. Under no circumstances are alcoholic beverages to be taken outside of cook off site and or distributed to the general public by contestants. No food sale or samples to be given to the general public.
9. No extra vehicles shall be allowed in the pit area once the pit is setup.
10. NO 4 wheeler or golf carts in the cook off area except by the cook off promoter.
11. Property owner and cook off officials will not be held responsible for accidents, theft, or any mishaps.
12. No electricity available- Bring your own generators
13. Spaces are approximately 40x40
14. Absolutely NO firearms or explosives will be allowed.
15. All food handlers must wear gloves when handling meat.
CashApp: $Fiesta Bastrop
Paypal: Fiesta Bastrop
1141 Fm 969, Bastrop, Texas 78602, United States
There's much to see festival day at the Dance Bastrop! Don't miss the festival attraction "Grabem in the Brisket" Onsite master pit makers Austin Smoke Works.
*Purchase tickets at the ticket booth day of event before 5pm for $30 after 5pm $35.